Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting a Plan (Chpt 3)

Okay, so I am a slacker. I haven't been blogging the questions and answers so well this week. I am, however, successfully on Day 9! I've only had one major slip up, and I didn't let it wreck the rest of my day or diet. I've lost 4lbs so far, and I am looking forward to loosing another 4 over the next 9 days!

On to the questions!

1.) What thoughts, images, or emotions do you associate with the word plan?  Are you the kind of person who says, "I love it when a plan comes together!" or are you more likely to say, "Plan-schman, can't we all just go with the flow?" I personally am a planner. I try to plan so much that I seriously over plan! Sometimes I need to just go with the flow. A plan gets me excited, it helps me see the goal as achievable. A plan keeps me focused on the outcome and keeps me in line with my progress to reach that outcome. A plan is a good thing!

2.) Are there areas of your life in which having a plan works well for you? For example, in your finances, for vacation trips, accomplishing daily tasks, reaching professional goals, reading through the Bible in a year. In these areas of your life, does having a plan feel empowering or restrictive? Do your feelings change when the plan is about food, what you will eat and not eat? Having a financial plan empowers me, and a vacation plan too! I like preparing ahead and finding the main attractions ahead of time. I like to leave a little time for whatever may just look good upon arrival. Professionally, I am working on outlining a plan as we speak. I am praying and planning a profession I had never considered before. I have tried using Bible reading plans, and sometimes I find success, and sometimes not so much. As for food...I usually feel extremely restricted and deprived when I can't have the things I want.

3.) "My changing body revealed all my secrets.... Poor choices with food will rat me out every time". What is the relationship between food and secrets? What secrets do you think your body reveals? Well, I guess it's probably easy to eat food in secret. I don't know, I've always been one to say that I love food too much to deny myself the pleasure of it. I eat for comfort and stuff too, like crazy, but I don't usually feel like I have to hide my overeating.

4.) Choosing a healthy eating plan that works for you may require research, experimentation, and consultation with your doctor or other health care professionals. How does the prospect of doing these things make you feel. Does it energize you and help you to feel equipped or does it overwhelm you and make you feel discouraged? Honestly, I would love to seek the advice and assistant of a nutritionist, however, I could turn this post into the evils of our health care system. I am uninsured and can't afford to just run out and see a nutritionist every month to weigh in and check up on my progress. I think it's a great idea and very smart to do so. I think that seeking help is good, because sometimes it takes time and encouragement to find what truly works for us.

5.) Lysa described her food plan but emphasized the importance of choosing a healthy plan that works for you. What words or phrases would you use to describe the kind of plan you think would be realistic for you over the long term? On a scale of one to ten, how hopeful are you that you can find a realistic food plan, on that you can grow to love just as Lysa grew to love her food plan? I would say 10 for sure! I think a realistic eating plan for me is whole, raw, natural foods - as much as possible. I like to cut out over-processed foods. I would prefer to eat all farm fresh meat, veggies, and fruits, from local farms. Actually, I'd prefer to own my own farm and raise lamb, and chickens for meat. Have my own eggs, have goats for milk, possible a cow. I want a huge garden and even a few fruit trees. I love the idea of eating food that is grown in a healthy manner, without the use of chemicals.

Thank you for joining me for today's question and answer session! Don't forget to get your copy of "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst! It's worth the investment and will help you with your healthy eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment