Monday, January 10, 2011

Slow start...oops!

Wow, so I started this blog with great intentions of documenting a healthier year, and landed myself in the hospital on a ventilator...not the start I had thought I was going for, but definitely reassurance that I need to get healthier.

I was a bit scared to weigh myself today, I didn't know if I'd be shocked by how much weight I lost in the hospital....or disappointed that it wasn't much. I feel like I've lost a lot of mass. I know I've lost a lot of muscle - I'm very weak, and can't lift the same things I could before I got sick.

Well, it wasn't so bad. I weighed in at 200.9lbs. I lost 7.7lbs. This would be great news if muscle didn't go first...but it does. So I have a long road to recovery - but I have a lot of motivation to be healthier.

Today, I walked to the office to pay my rent, and I spent 3 minutes on the Wii Basic Step game. That 3 minutes wasn't much, but my legs were shaking, and I have to go slow. Slower than I want to. I've been more active today than all week though, and it feels good. On ward and up ward! I'm going to continue eating small portions of healthy foods, and work on increasing the amount of exercise I can tolerate - without pushing myself backwards into another health crisis.

One step at a time, one healthy meal at a time, trusting God the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment